Friday 12 August 2016

"IF YOU CAN MOVE YOUR KNEE, BY YOURSELF AND THERE ARE NO PAINS; PAUSE..."



Adenike Oyetunde was once our #WCW on this platform. We were (and still are) totally in awe of her strength and brave spirit. She is living her most authentic life, all on one leg.

I hope to still be able to have a sit-down with Adenike someday but for today, here is what she shared on one of her social media platforms not so long ago, even though the post seems to have been taken down:


Beneath the picture above, she wrote:
"If you can move your knee, by yourself and there are no pains; pause for a minute and thank God. You have no clue how blessed you are. Paid a prosthetist a visit today, because I suspected the knee in my limb was acting up. Ladies and gentlemen, no b beans. A sample of my knee, is in the lower left picture, first item from the right. That thing is about one point five million naira, minimum. This (amputee-ism is a very expensive lifestyle oh. #sadface  Average locally fabricated and fitted prosthesis at Igbobi is above N600,000 for above knee amputees.
Today again, I miss my natural right leg and I can't hide it. I miss you so much. #cryingface, but I am thankful and extremely so, to have life. You can drive, walk, sneeze, eat, chew, swallow and digest; you better be grateful. Everyday, something reminds me of His mercy. Thank you Lord #clappinghands Are you grateful? Be there complaining oh, don't be grateful..."

No comments: