Monday 7 August 2017

THE UNIVERSE SOMETIMES DOES NOT OFFER A CLUE


When your life doesn't turn out like everybody's else, then there is something wrong with you. Especially in Africa. But must it always be that way?


'It was going to be a very big wedding. My fiance, Harry, and I were very excited...'


On the dawn of my wedding day, I was making my way back home from the bus station, I walked past a guy sitting on the bonnet of a car - suddenly he grabbed me from behind and dumped me in the back seat. There were two more men inside, and they drove off. It all happened in a fraction of a second. The men took turns to rape me. One of them stabbed me in the stomach. I felt sure I was going to die
Even after the doctors stitched me up and gave me some devastating news: "The stab wound went deep into your womb, so you won't be able to carry any children.", Harry kept saying he still wanted to marry me. "I want to take care of her and make sure she comes back to good health in my arms, in our house," he said
In July 2005, seven months after our first planned wedding, Harry and I got married and went on a honeymoon. 29 days after, Harry died
I told everybody I would never ever get married again
People thought I was cursed. But there was one man - Tonny Gobanga - who kept visiting
After 3 years, Tonny proposed marriage but I told him to buy a magazine, read my story and tell me if he still loved me. He came back and said he still wanted to marry me. Tonny went home to tell his parents, who were very excited, until they heard my story. "You can't marry her - she is cursed," they said. My father-in-law refused to attend the wedding, but we went ahead anyway
A year into our marriage, I felt unwell and went to the doctor - and to my great surprise he told me that I was pregnant. We had a baby girl who we called Tehille. Four years later, we had another baby girl named Towdah. Today, I am the best of friends with my father-in-law" -Terry Gobanga

We cannot claim to have all the answers. The universe sometimes doesn't even offer a clue. But your life's journey is unique to you. And you may choose to call it, and do with it, as you please.

Whatever you do, please shine your light!

Copied post

No comments: