Thursday 18 August 2016

"YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL YOU ARE TESTED AND TRIED..." - TOKE MAKINWA



Toke Makinwa's story is no longer news, but with each passing day, the vibrant young media entrepreneur seems to be finding strength, her voice and herself. Toke Makinwa has been able to turn her failed marriage experience to a source of motivation and inspiration for her followers.


A husband's infidelity is enough to shake any woman to the bones. In Toke's case, it was worse as she  is a celebrity who had (and still has) a YouTube channel where she several times discussed topics like side chicks and keeping a man... and then Mr. Maje Ayida, her now estranged husband, impregnates his longtime girlfriend!...

Well, from then till now, Toke has not said anything ill of him in public but has focused her energy on herself and shared posts around her journey to recovery. She has admitted to very very bad days and very very good days. In an episode of her 'vlog' (YouTube clips), she once shared that she is going through different stages to heal and that it's not been the easiest ride.

In all, we'd like to think that Toke is doing well for herself! Below is something she wrote on one of her social media platforms:
"My #wcw๐Ÿ˜ you never know how strong you are until you are tested and tried๐Ÿ’ช I used to underestimate myself, I would usually speak myself out of doing things, the voice of fear was so loud till what I feared the most happened to me (like Job) and In my confusion and fear, not knowing what next, I had to learn the hard way but thru it all I found a new me, a girl I didn't know existed and it's been really fun getting to know her. I remember when I moved into my new flat, I didn't know how I would make it thru but God was there before me. Each time I tried to settle I felt I was insulting God; did I create myself? Do I not trust him? Is his grace not sufficient? And true to his word, he's always looked out for this little girl and each time I ask myself how did I come this far, how am I able to stand? Pay bills, thrive and not just survive; I feel so much comfort and I confront my fears about going further. I'm all grown. I will get by and by his grace my testimony will be complete. Life happens, life doesn't stop so when next you are faced with "how will I do this??" Think if he brought me to it, his grace is sufficient to take me thru it and I will come out on the other side. Just like Job, (job had in the end much more than he lost in the beginning) my season of restoration will come ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’ฏ"

No comments: